Monday, November 17, 2008

So this is a very interesting post and it goes along with what I first started saying on here.

http://www.queerty.com/do-our-gay-leaders-have-to-go-20081117/

I totally agree. We need new leadership. The current lobby group is bloated and boring. Time to shake things up. And in that effort the movement continues and we protest. Who was at a rally Saturday? You know the big one happening at City Hall in 300 cities in all 50 states and 10 countries world-wide (cited -www.jointheimpact.com). Hopefully, you were. There are few excuses that fly for not attending. It was the big one on scale of national visibility.

I attend the one here in the heart of the action - Los Angeles. It was amazing. I want to give great thanks to both the Los Angeles metro rail (for the free rides given to everyone!) and L.A.P.D.(for organization and understanding). What saddens me though is that news outlets are under reporting the turn out of many a march. CNN said 12,000 came together in downtown L.A. Saturday. Try more like 25,000. That is a huge error in counting. And we are showing up to count. To count as people. To count as first class citizens. To count for something. So I hope this does not become a trend. I want people to know the GLBT community is serious. We will give up brunch and body sculpting to fight for our rights. Right?

No comments: