Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update

Hello all. I will make this brief. I'm fighting some dreaded sickness that comes complete with sore throat, body aches, congestion, and I'm just guessing here - a fever.

But I wanted to take a moment to say what a success Saturday was in Silverlake. The protest drew an estimated 12,000 people (according to the LA Fox news affiliate). This is amazing. And I will say I saw straight allies marching along with the GLBTs. Also a good celeb contingent cared to come out. So thank you - Wanda Sykes, James Franco, Drew Berrymore, and Alec Mapa. I'm sure there were more, but those are who I'm aware of.

There will be more protests to come. So if you missed it, join us next time. There will be a big one this Saturday at City Hall in downtown LA. It's at 10:30am. I think it will be a good one. Please join!

No comments: